Walk in the footsteps of Martin Luther on this Germany vacation highlighting the European Reformation and featuring the Oberammergau Passion Play. You’ll overnight in Berlin, Wittenberg, Leipzig, Erfurt, Wiesbaden, Nuremberg, Oberammergau, and Munich, and you’ll visit Eisleben, Eisenach, Coburg, Worms, Mainz, Rothenburg, Augsburg, and the Rhine Valley along the way.
Eleven Day Tour from Munich
September 18 – 28, 2020
More dates available.
On this faith-based tour, you’ll visit many of the sites important in Luther’s life. In Wittenberg, visit St. Mary’s Church, where Luther preached reform, got married, and baptized his six children. Also visit Luther House, where Luther and his family lived. In Eisleben, visit Luther’s birth house and death house museums, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites; St. Peter & Paul Church, where Luther was baptized; and St. Andrew’s Church, where Luther preached his last sermon in 1546. Visit the Augustinian Monastery in Erfurt, where Luther lived as a monk, and Coburg Fortress in Coburg, where Luther was protected during the Imperial Diet of Augsburg in 1530. In Eisenach, visit the house where Luther lived; Wartburg Castle, where he lived in disguise as “Knight George;” and St. George’s Church, where he was a choir boy and later preached. In Worms, visit the Reformation Monument and the cathedral where Luther presented his case.
A tour highlight is the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, performed every 10 years since 1634. Set in the charming, unspoiled, Bavarian village of Oberammergau, enjoy first-class seating for this world-famous play performed by Oberammergau residents.
These are just some of the many highlights included on this faith-based, Germany tour. You’ll not only see these amazing sites, but you’ll also be accompanied by others desiring an inspirational journey and a Tour Director committed to bringing you these inspiring places. It’s a vacation you can believe in and one sure to leave you with many memories of a lifetime!
This vacation, which includes tickets for the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, requires an additional deposit of $350 per person in June 2019.
$3,249 per person (double occupancy)
Please call for single and triple occupancy.
Reformation Trip Highlights
- BERLIN:Welcome dinner; guided sightseeing, visit Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- WITTENBERG: Guided walking tour, visit the Luther House, visit St. Mary’s Church
- LEIPZIG: Walking tour, visit the Thomaskirche and the market square
- EISLEBEN: Visit Luther’s Birthplace and Death House Museums, St. Peter & Paul Church and St. Andrew’s Church
- ERFURT: Visit the Augustinian Monastery and the Merchants’ Bridge
- EISENACH: Guided visit of Luther House and St. George’s Church; see the Luther & Bach Memorials; visit Wartburg Castle
- COBURG: Visit the fortress
- RHINE CRUISE
- WORMS: Visit the cathedral, Trinity Church, and Reformation Monument
- MAINZ: Guided visit of the Gutenberg Museum
- ROTHENBURG: Walking tour, visit St. Jacob’s Church
- NUREMBERG: Walking tour, visit St. Lorenz Lutheran Church
- OBERAMMERGAU: Passion Play
- MUNICH: Guided sightseeing, visit Marienplatz; farewell dinner
Included with Your Vacation
- 10 nights in deluxe hotels, close to city centers.
- Full buffet breakfast daily and eight three-course dinners with wine.
- Guided sightseeing with headsets.
- Transportation by motorcoach.
- Boat cruise on Rhine River.
- Free Wi-Fi on motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.