Home to numerous places of devotion and worship, Italy is the perfect destination for travelers looking to rejoice in their faith. On this Italy tour, overnight in Rome, the heart of Christianity; Assisi, where St. Francis was born, worked, and died; Florence, one of the world’s most beautiful cities; and Padua. Along the way, visit—and even attend Mass at—many of Italy’s treasured basilicas. You will also travel to Germany, overnight in Oberammergau and Munich, and attend the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, performed every 10 years. Enjoy first-class seating for this remarkable play.
Thirteen Day Tour from Rome to Munich
July 6-18, 2020
More dates available.
In Rome, visit the four major Papal basilicas: St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church; St. Paul Outside the Walls, Rome’s second-largest basilica and the burial place of St. Paul the Apostle; St. John Lateran Basilica, the Western World’s oldest basilica and the Papal residence until the 14th century; and St. Mary Major Basilica, the most important Roman church dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Also in Rome, attend the Papal Audience (subject to availability), receive the Papal Blessing, and visit the Holy Stairs, brought from Jerusalem around 326 AD by Constantine the Great’s mother.
In Assisi, in addition to St. Mary of the Angels Basilica and the Basilicas of St. Francis and St. Clare, visit the Monastery of St. Damian, a Franciscan shrine built on the spot where St. Francis heard Christ’s voice, and Carceri Hermitage, a peaceful oasis where St. Francis came to pray. In Florence, attend Mass at the Duomo, and see Santa Croce Square, with its Franciscan basilica. In Padua, founded more than 3,000 years ago, visit the Basilica of St. Anthony, dating to the 13th century. From Padua, an excursion to Venice includes a visit to St. Mark’s Basilica.
These are just some of the many highlights on this inspirational Italy—with Oberammergau—tour.
This vacation, which includes tickets for the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, requires an additional deposit of $350 per person in June 2019.
$3,989 per person (double occupancy)
Please call for single and triple occupancy.
- ROME: Welcome dinner at a local restaurant; guided sightseeing, visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica; see the Colosseum and Roman Forum; Papal Audience (subject to availability); visit St. Paul Outside the Walls, the Catacombs, St. John Lateran Basilica, the Holy Stairs, St. Mary Major Basilica
- CASCIA: Visit the Basilica and attend Mass Mass
- ASSISI: Visit St. Mary of the Angels Basilica and the Porziuncola; celebrate Mass Mass; guided walking tour, visit the Basilicas of St. Francis and St. Clare, the Carceri Hermitage, and the Monastery of St. Damian
- SIENA: Guided walking tour, visit the Basilica of St. Dominic, the Sanctuary of St. Catherine & House, and Piazza del Campo
- FLORENCE: Guided walking tour, visit the Academy of Fine Arts to see Michelangelo’s David; celebrate Mass Mass at the Duomo; walk to Signoria Square, and Santa Croce Square
- PADUA: Guided visit of St. Anthony’s Basilica
- VENICE: Private boat ride; guided walking tour, visit Doges’ Palace, the Bridge of Sighs, and St. Mark’s Square & Basilica
- INNSBRUCK: Walk through the Old Town to the Golden Roof
- OBERAMMERGAU: Passion Play
- MUNICH: Orientation, visit Marienplatz
Please note: This tour involves a lot of walking. For reasons beyond our control, slight schedule changes for the Rome program may occur.
Included with Your Vacation
- 12 nights in deluxe hotels, close to city centers.
- Full buffet breakfast daily; 1 lunch in Oberammergau; 7 three-course dinners with wine, including a special welcome dinner in Rome and a farewell dinner in Munich.
- Guided sightseeing with headsets.
- Transportation by motorcoach.
- Private boat ride in Venice.
- Free Wi-Fi on motorcoach and in most hotel lobbies.